Quotes

Life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret anything that makes you smile. - Samuel Longhorne Clemens (Mark Twain)

Sunday, July 9, 2017

World War II Project - Horsa Glider - Part VII

With the sanding, more or less, complete its time to get some paint going. The Horsa has a pretty straightforward scheme, 2/3rds of the fuselage and the undersides of the wings and tailplane is black. The upper 1/3 of the fuselage and the upper surfaces of the wings and tailplane is done in camouflage using greens and browns. The rudder itself is also black. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do the various markings at this point. The invasion stripes are easy but I would like to find decals for the rest of it if at all possible.

Since this is a pretty big object I pulled out the airbrush. I started with Badger Stynylrez grey primer. This has become my go to primer at this point. The black was done with a black from AMMO.

The Wing

The fuselage

And we are off, starting with the grey primer




And here we are with the black. I didn't bother to tape at this point. When I move on to the camouflage on the upper surfaces then I'll tape off the lower and give a nice sharp line between the two areas.




2 comments:

  1. Seems like an awful lot of work. It is beginning to come together though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a bit of work, that's for sure. I'm at the easy part now though!

      Delete